Wednesday, March 07, 2007

revisiting the mission

The PrESS Network is a critically-engaged, hopeful, and supportive voice for change. It's members are dedicated to affirming the basic rights of and creating realistic solutions with children and families who are disenfranchised by an unjust socio-economic structure. This empowering partnership seeks to facilitate system-wide change through respect for social difference, humanistic teaching, service to others, transformative dialog, and an ever-evolving journey toward connectedness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Helvey said...

This is a lot to tackle, perhaps too much. I witness a strong military presence at Central High School. They seem to be there on a daily basis, even seem to have faculty status. More than once I have been unhappy to hear the "good news" from a student who has signed up. I am interested in the broader aspects of NCLB, etc., however I continue to be challenged in the classroom. I want to know what other teachers are doing that works. I'm willing to be involved where it makes sense

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home